Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dearest Family,

Did you enjoy the Christmas Devotional last night?  I got to watch it
in English.  It was so much fun to think that all of you were watching
the broadcast at the same time as me.  What I love about being a
missionary is that it totally changes the way you think.  For example,
Elder Eyring said something that really stood out to me as it applies
to missionary work.  The majority of the truths we know about Christ,
and how we worship Him in this season, have come thanks to the
restoration.  Because a fourteen year old boy had a lot of faith, we
know during this season that we worship a Christ who is a distinct
being.  We can read about Christ in the Book of Mormon.
Here is an update on the three families we were trying to help turn in
all their paperwork last week for a marriage on December 11.  One of
three families will get married on that date.  In the afternoon, the
father of the family, who is the only nonmember of the family, will
get baptized.  The man`s name is Ciprian.  His spouses` name is
Martha.  It is funny because I did  not expect this family to be the
one to follow through with their paperwork and make a marriage a
reality in their lives.

I have fallen in love with Ciprian, Martha, and their family.  There
have four kids now and are expecting a fifth.  The kids love to speak
to me in English.  This family is probably the poorest one we are
teaching.  (I helped them wash their laundry a few weeks ago and sent
a picture).  I would love to introduce you to this family.  I think I
will forever have pictures of them in my mind.

I am trying to do lots of contacting like Dad encourages his
missionaries to do, but I am still waiting to receive the fruits of my
efforts.  Many people and families are nice and say ´come to my home,´
but then they reject us when we come to their doors.  I am not going
to give up on contacting with everyone, however, because it saddens me
when we missionaries do not share our knowledge with everyone.
All my love,

Hermana Lynette Blunck, Hermana Blunck II

No comments:

Post a Comment