Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dearest Family,

If you can believe it, six weeks have passed since I last wrote you
saying that I`d arrived in a city called Urubamba.  Last night we
received news whether or not we would have changes.  My companion and
I are both going to stay in Urubamba for at least another six weeks.
I am please because we have some couples that will finally be getting
married and baptized.  We are so blessed to have a Father in Heaven who
perfectly understands our hearts.

This week we should have a couple getting married and baptized.  It
is the greatest blessing in the world to have the help of the
Shellenbergs.  They understand the paperwork process, and this
wedding wouldn´t be possible without them.  This couple that is going
to marry and baptized is the couple that came to church one Sunday on
their own accord.  This couple has been great missionaries for us.
They keep bringing more of their friends and family to church with
them.  Yesterday was pretty miraculous.  We had ten investigators in
church, thanks mostly to this family.  My companion and I have also
been fasting, so I believe Heavenly Father is blessing us.  The key
now is to help these ten amazing people enter the waters of baptism.

My companion and I are hiking around these days in rubber boots like
the boots we used for our pigs.  I know we look goofy, but its better
than scraping the barro, or mud, off of my shoes everyday.  We also
make a great fashion statement in our green camping ponchos.
Sometimes I ask myself if I am really serving a mission.  I never
imagined myself doing this.

Is Janeece really coming this week?  I didn`t realize that she was
coming so early in March!  Enjoy your time, Janeece.  I am so excited
for you!!!!!  Before we know it, all of this family will be
Peruvianized.

Thank you for your prayers the last few weeks.  I felt your prayers,
and I`m feeling a little better.
Please remember that I think of each one of you everyday.
Love,
Hermana Blunck II

No comments:

Post a Comment