Monday, June 6, 2011

Dearest Family,

I am with a new companion now!  Her name is Hermana San Francisco, but don`t be confused.  My companion is not from the U.S. =D.  She is from Chile.  I think it`s the most beautiful thing that I am having the opportunity to have companions from many different countries while in the mission.  President Calderon came to visit our zone right before the change meeting and named three different hermanas that could be my new companion.  When I heard Hna. San Francisco`s name, I got my hopes up that she would be the one.  We got to know each other a little bit while I was serving in Cusco.  It turns out the she was the one.  Hna. San Francisco just completed six months in the mission.  Speaking of time in the mission, I completed nine months in the mission this past week.  Can you believe it?!  I honestly cannot believe it. 

Quite honestly, I was nervous to begin this new change, but I`m getting over the nervousness.  Hna. San Francisco and I work well together.  We hadn`t practiced together, but during our very first lesson we were able to blend our teaching together.  My goal with Hna. Francisco is to have very open communication.    I told her right away exactly how I was feeling and I think Hna. Francisco appreciated it.  All of my life, one of my weaknesses has been speaking honestly with people who are not family members.  I believe that the mission is finally helping me to improve my communication. 

Hna. Francisco and I are trying to begin working with less active members.  I feel really excited about this.  We are also trying to plan our lessons with a purpose.  Of course, we are striving to do lots of contacting.  I pray that with these efforts, God will open the windows of heaven.   
Please send my greetings to all the extended family members.  I do receive their letters, so encourage them to keep sending them.  I try to write them as often as I can.   
  
 All my love,

Hermana Blunck II

No comments:

Post a Comment