Monday, May 30, 2011

Dearest Family,

This week was special for Hermana Villegas because Alejandro and Cerila married and were baptized on Saturday.  Their eleven year old daughter was also baptized.  Sunday was also special because another special woman was baptized.  We were not expecting her to be baptized this week.  The woman`s name is Eulalia. 

Something extra special about Eulalia is that her son is serving a mission in Trujillo.  He grew up in Cusco with his aunt and joined the church there.  The missionary sent the reference of his mom to the Cusco mission office and Hna. Villegas and I subsequently received it.    Eulalia does not read or understand quickly, but she had lots of enthusiasm to be baptized.  She takes care of an 86 year old man, who is still quite intelligent, and he helped us out a lot on Friday.  On Friday we visited Eulalia to invite her to watch the baptisms on Saturday, and the older gentleman encouraged Eulalia to go.  Eulalia was worried about serving lunch and the gentleman said, ‘don`t worry about it, we`ll eat early.’  I think it would be the sweetest thing in the world to baptize this gentleman.  His name is Alberto.  Eulalia also has a daughter that still does not want to get baptized, but we do lots of confidence with her so she will get baptized in time.

 Thank you for always expressing your confidence in me.  I know that God is with us.  I know that God is with me.  I feel that He has some families for me to find in the next few weeks.

Take care.  Happy Memorial Day to all of you!!!


Love,

Hermana Blunck II
In one of the photos I`ve attached, I am playing basketball in Huallabamba with a young boy we taught.  We met his mother and father in a park in Urubamba.  The boy, Brandon, loves to play basketball, so it`s a good thing that I had some B-ball practice with Stephen over the years.

The second photo is the family the married and baptized this past weekend.

The third photo includes Eulalia and Cerila.  Eulalia and Cerila have already started becoming friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment