Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January Is Flying By!

January 15,2012

Dear Family,
This week was a fantastic week.  President Calderon surprised us by
coming to Puerto for a district conference.  He was here four days and
spent quite a bit of time with us missionaries.  Our zone conference
was very edifying and has given me ideas of how I can improve, such as
emphasizing the importance of family home evenings with our branch
members and investigators.
President Calderon accompanied Hna. Giron and I for a visit, and now
the couple that we visited have a marriage and baptismal date.  It was
exciting to see this couple arrive at the chapel yesterday for the
district conference.  Afterwards they told us that they really enjoyed
the conference.  Also, a sister from our branch invited one of her
work friends to the conference and now we have a lovely new single
mother to teach.  Something that I recognize is that God always
blesses us after He tries our faith for a little bit.
Faith is something that I have been trying to focus on learning the
last few months.  It`s my personality to worry and doubt.  What I`ve
been learning on is that faith, in essence, does not leave room for
doubt.  It`s choosing to be happy and hopeful because we know that God
bless us, more that we even deserve.  Faith is about having patience
with God`s timing and what He wants us to learn instead of what we
think that we should learn.
A conclusion that I came to this week is that if I put all my efforts
into serving God, the service that I give Him is like a grain of sand.
 It`s tiny!!!!  I`ve felt quite amazed that God`s work always moves
forward when our service, for most of us, is really quite small.
Sometimes Hna. Giron and I talk about how we always have willing
spirits but we have weak bodies.  I would love to work all day, but we
also have to sleep and eat.  I`m grateful for God`s patience with us.
I`m grateful the He blesses us for the little actions that we do, and
I`m grateful that He loves us even with all our imperfections.
I hope that you have a lovely week.  I pray for you and I always think
about you!

Love,
Hermana Blunck II

No comments:

Post a Comment