Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dearest Family,

Last Saturday was the greatest day ever because I received a stack of
about12 dearelder.com letters.  Thank you for taking the time to write
me every week.  Thank you Sister Lazott for sending me all of those
general conference recaps.  They are inspiring.
On Sunday, our branch president shared his testimony and
he said he was a tough investigator.  I can picture him being a
challenging investigator because he is also an intimidating man.  I
also know, however, that this man has never deviated from the gospel.
He has been a faithful member and a leader in the church since the day
he became a member.  Thanks be to those missionaries that lovingly
taught this man.

To switch gears...last Wednesday we went on a short tour of Lima.  It
was wonderful.  Hna. Haggard did some shopping, and I handed out lots
of pass along cards.  I was very encouraged because it was not as
scary as I thought it would be.  The people of Peru are genuinely
nice.  On our tour, we stopped at the coast and saw lots of surfers
(yes, there is great surfing here in Lima).  We also stopped in
downtown Lima.  I had never been there with Mom and Dad, so I loved
seeing it.  There are lots of beautiful buildings dating back to the
1500´s.  Hna. Haggard and I went inside one old church that has
catacombs underneath it.  The catacombs were pretty crazy, but I
actually loved the rooms of the church more than the catacombs.  One
of the rooms is a library.  It has books that the Spaniards brought in
during the 1500´s.  Some of the books of huge.  I just love seeing
such history.  I have a big appreciation for old churches ever since
going to Israel.  They funny part of the experience is the Hna.
Haggard and I went a Spanish speaking tour because we had little time.
We had the best time acting like we understood everything our guide
was saying.

The Latino missionaries here call me Snow White.  It´s fun.  I am not
sure to take their remarks that my skin is very white as a compliment
or an insult =D.

Feel free to email me next week, but send dearelder.com letters to the
Cusco mission.


Love,

Hermana Blunck II

No comments:

Post a Comment