Thursday, October 14, 2010

I only have three weeks left until I finish my training and fly to
Cusco.  Is that unimagineable?  My companion from Chile left yesterday
for her mission after three weeks of training.  My new companion is
Hermana Haggard, who I have known and loved since I entered the Provo
MTC.  There are not enough Latino sisters for us to have Latino
companions.  Our goal is to talk to each other in Spanish all the time
so we do not lose the Spanish vocabulary we have recently learned.  It
was not too hard for me to say goodbye to my companion.  I think this
is Heavenly Father´s way of assuring me that I am doing the right
thing, and I need to keep moving forward with faith.

Last Sunday, I halfway sang a duet with Hermana Haggard.  Aren´t you
proud of me?  I say halfway because when we stood in front of the CCM
audience, nothing came out of my mouth.  All I could do was shake, and
my shaking became really bad when I looked over and saw Hermana
Haggard shaking horribly too.  At least something came out of her
mouth.  The reason why we were singing a duet is because our district
volunteered us to sing the first verse of I Know That My Redeemer
Lives by ouselves.  They joined with us for the final verses.  I have
lots of opportunities to sing as a missionary.  It is good for me
because I have never done choir before.

Hermana Haggard and I were felt very grateful and humbled on Monday.
We taught a lesson in Spanish to our teacher who was pretending to be
an investigator about the priesthood.  There Spirit was there, even if
it was a pretend lesson.  We felt humbled because only three weeks ago
we felt stressed about having to get to know someone in Spanish for
ten minutes.  Now we are teaching 20 minutes lessons in Spanish and
sometimes on topics that we never studied intently.

Here are some thoughts I have had recently about faith--
As we have faith in Jesus Christ, specifically in the reality of His
atonement, He comes to us.
Christ may not comes to us physically, but he does manifest himself
through the Holy Ghost, who works wonders and miracles in our lives.
-2 Nephi 26:13
In the words of Elder Bednar, ´The Savior said he would come to His
apostles.  Let me suggest that one fo the ways whereby the Savior
comes to each of us is through His abundant tender mercies.¨
I used to feel sad that the people in the scritpures literally saw the
Savior and I had not.  What I am learning is that I can see the Savior
in my life everyday through the wonders of the the Holy Ghost and the
tender mercies I experience.

Thank you for your love and support!  I saw Mom and Dad yesterday when
they picked up a few missionaries who were entering their mission.
Mom and Dad look great.  They are in the jungle today and come back
tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment