Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!



 Here are a few pictures of me in Cusco.  I especially love the families we are able to teach.
 This is my new companion.  She loves the gospel and is a really hard worker.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.!

I hope your hearts have been filled with joy in this special time of year.  My heart has been filled with joy as I've thought about my Savior and His great sacrifice for the world.  I have felt happiness, real happiness, as I've taught the people of Cusco that the church of Jesus Christ is on the earth .  It has been a joy to teach my brothers and sisters that God loves us, His children, so much that He has established His church on the earth in this day. 
I thought you might enjoy some pictures because I know pictures speak more than words. 
Many of you have asked how is my Spanish coming.  The good news is that I participated in a dinner last night with three Peruvians, one Chilean, and one Guatamalteco.  I was the only native English speaker.  I would say that I understood 85% of the converstation. And don't worry, I talked a lot too.  All the missionaries at the dinner were really interested in talking to me about driving.  I was the only one who could drive.  In South America, there is lots of traffic congestion so it makes it very difficult for people to learn to drive here. 
I love that I have the opportunity to speak Spanish and learn about a culture different that mine.  For example, yesterday I got to experience a Peruvian New Years.  The New Year is much bigger than Christmas.  To celebrate the New Year, practically every Peruvian buys fireworks to set off.  The whole sky comes alive at 12pm sharp.  Last night it was incredible.  I have never seen such a firework show in my life.  The fireworks are awesome because they fly up into the sky and explode. I live up on a hillside so the whole sky was lit up as we looked across the valley below us.   

Love Hermana Blunck

No comments:

Post a Comment