Monday, January 24, 2011

Time for a Change!



Dearest Family,

How are you?  I hope you are doing very well!  It is always a delight to hear from you!  Thank you for keeping me in touch with the family news through letters and emails. 

I am doing great!  Last night the forty missionaries who are currently in serving in the city of Cusco (including me) had the opportunity to travel to a city called Sicuani for a special program.  This program was called `De Nosotros, El Mayor.` In English, the name of this program is `The Greatest of Us All.` We missionaries traveled to Sicuani because we participated in the program.  We sang with a special choir made up of the church members from Cusco in the last song.  This program celebrates Jesus Christ.  It testifies that we worship Jesus Christ as our Savior.  In the program, there are about eight beautifully composed songs, which commemorate different aspects of Christ`s life such as his birth, the miracles he performed, and his resurrection.  While the choir sings the songs, a program of images and video clips about Jesus Christ is projected above the choir.

Singing in Sicuani and traveling to Sicuani was a magnificent experience.  The people of Sicuani are humble.  They treated us missionaries and the choir members like royalty as an expression of their gratitude.  They were grateful that we came to sing for them.  Most importantly, they were able to feel the Holy Ghost in their hearts.  I felt the Holy Ghost as well.  The Holy Ghost testified to all of us that God really loves us.  Because He loves us, He sent us a Savior who can save us from our sins and who can heal us from our pains. 

Traveling to Sicuani was magnificent because I got to see more of the `campo` around the city of Cusco.  In other words, I was able to see the farmland outside of Cusco.  The farmland is beautiful.  It is concentrated in the lowlands of huge valleys, but one can also see terraces with crops growing way-up on the hillsides.  Some of farming methods used today existed way back in the times of the Incas.

The photo I have attached shows my companion (Hermana Cuenca), me, and another companionship of sister missionaries in `De Nosotros, El Mayor.  In this photo, four different countries are represented.  We have a great time together.

Hermana Cuenca and I will not be together much longer.  The big news of the week is that I am going to have a change of area!  I have been serving for the last three months in an area of Cusco called Inti Raymi.  I do not know yet where I will go.  I could stay in Cusco but serve in a different part of the city, or I could change cities.  The Cusco mission includes cities as far away as a twelve hour drive by bus.  Naturally, I am a little nervous to change companions and to change the area where I serve because they are now within my `comfort zone.`  I am also grateful, though, for this opportunity to put my trust in the Lord.  I know that He has something special for me to learn from every companion and every area.  On the mission, I am really learning that I can do hard things.  I`m placed out of my comfort zone often, and so I can`t imagine that many things will intimidate after I finish my mission.

Remember that you are always in my prayers, and I am always thinking about you!


All my love,

Hermana Blunck II

No comments:

Post a Comment