Monday, May 9, 2011

Dearest Family,
Happy belated Mother`s Day!  I hope yesterday was very special for every one of you.  Yesterday was wonderful for me.  During the afternoon and the evening, I had to resist the temptation to call Mom and Dad again.  I hope you appreciate that you can call Mom and Dad whenever you want and that you call them often!
This last week Hna. Villegas and I put on a talent show for our branch.  It turned out quite well.  A lot of investigators came, and most of them where the type of investigators that never attend church.  We`re hoping and praying that having entered the church for the talent show will help these investigators to attend church on Sundays.  
In the photo I`m sending, I am helping a ward member with her choclo.  Usually choclo is dried and then stored as individual kernals.  The corn is lots bigger here than it is in the U.S.  It is not quite as sweet.  Many people prefer to eat the choclo with cheese.  Something else that I learned to eat is corn stalk.  The inside membranes of the corn stalks are sweet, so the locals peel off the out layers of the stalk and the munch on the inside.  They do not swallow what they chew on.  They simply suck on the sweet juices and then spit out the pulp.  Interesting. 
Sorry this email is not very long.  Adding a picture takes quite a bit of time.  Thank you for writing me!  I hope to hear from you again next week!
Love,

Hermana Blunck II

1 comment:

  1. hola hermanita como esta!!! que bien se le ve desgranando el maiz jeje, supongo que ya puede leer mis palabras con total fluides y que su español es cada dia un poco mas perfecto, sé que la mision la ayudara a desarrollar sus talentos, le cuento que yo hice mision lima este, hasta hace unos meses una zona de llamada san juan de lurigancho pertenecia a esta mision, ahi yo tengo a mis mas poderosos conversos, pero ahora que fui a verlos me entere que el distrito de san juan de lurigancho pertenece a la "mision norte".. creo que es la mision de su padre, no?... me duele que no pertenesca mas a la mision este porque es ua bella zona poderosa y ademas le tengo mucho cariño porque ahi empeze la mision,de todas maneras el evangelio es el mismo, el mismo que aun se predica por usted y compañera, Dios la proteja hermanita cuidese mucho, hasta otra oprtunidad.

    ReplyDelete