Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dearest Family,

I am sorry that I did not write you yesterday.  Thank you for all of your wonderful emails!  I leave the internet with the biggest smile in the world because of your letters.

Yesterday was a lot of phone.  The Schellenbergs put on an Olympics contest for our zone.  If you can believe it, I placed second out of our whole zone!  I won a cute Machu Picchu hat.  Some of the games in the contest were more based on luck than skill, but not all of them.  I did more crunches than all the missionaries in my zone and so I won that contest!  Aren`t you proud?  I also did more pushups than some of the elders in my zone.

This week the couple we have been teaching is going to get married and baptized on Friday or Saturday.  We are super excited.  The mother is returning today from a ten day trip to obtain the paperwork necessary for her wedding.  Bless her heart.  She`s been through a million of adventures.  Sometimes it is very difficult to get birth certificates and other legal documents from the little pueblos.  For example, Cirila couldn`t get some of her husband´s paperwork because terrorists had burned the city building.  Thankfully, Elder Schellenberg was able to work through the problem with Alegandro`s paperwork, so we`re still set to go. 

I think I should look into studying nursing because I gave Hna. Villegas a shot this morning!  Hna. Villegas fell on Sunday and felt a lot of pain, so we visited the doctor yesterday and he sent us back to Urubamba with pain reliever shots.  He showed me how to give the shot and gave me the assignment to give Hermana Villegas two shots today.  Quite honestly, I was nervous this morning, but we both survived.  Hna. Villegas isn´t paralyzed and I`m not paralyzed emotionally.

Hermana Villegas sends her greetings to all of you!


Every one of you are in my prayers!  Please take care of yourselves and be safe!!!!!



Love,

Hermana Blunck II

No comments:

Post a Comment