Monday, September 26, 2011


Dearest Family,

Happy General Conference week!  I am super excited to watch General Conference.  We had the opportunity to watch the Relief Society broadcast on Saturday.

This week was lovely.  Two younger girls were baptized.  One of the girls is the daughter of less active parents.  We are still working with the parents to help them remember their baptismal covenants, but I am excited that the daughter chose to be baptized.  The couple`s son should get baptized this next week.

A while ago Hna. Benites expressed to me that she had an idea to have a companionship of missionaries in Puerto focus on less active families. Hna. Benites surprised me because that`s what Mom and Dad are doing, and she had the same idea.  I suggested to Hna. Benites that we propose the idea to President Calderon.  I wrote the idea in one of my weekly letters to President Calderon.  He hasn`t responded, but I really hope that he considers the idea.  I`d love to have that responsibility.

Everyone asks me if the heat kills me.  It doesn`t do me in like some of the other missionaries.  I feel very blessed.  For our preparation day activity last week, we rode in the back of a truck into the jungle to a place that has a soccer field.  We also walked into the jungle a little bit.  There, we all hung from the type of vines the Tarzan swings from in the movie. 

Happy Birthday Rita!!!  I can`t wait to talk to you!!!!   I love you very, very much.   Happy Birthday!!!!!

I`m not actually sure what I`ll do on Thursday, but I`ll definitely eat some ice cream!  Maybe everyone in Oregon can enjoy a piece of marionberry pie for me =) and some French muffin puffs too =).

Please say hi to everyone for me!


Love,

Hermana Blunck II

No comments:

Post a Comment