Tuesday, October 4, 2011


Dearest Family!!!

I agree with all of you!  General Conference was fantastic.  It`s amazing how I receive different impressions from the talks as a missionary.  My perspective has changed.

I feel content because the last week has been full of opportunities for me to receive answers to my questions or confirmations of my ideas.  For example, I expressed concern to my companion a while ago that we were baptizing many young children.  She explained to me that baptizing children often helps parents to take a bigger interest in the gospel.  This comment quieted me because I hadn`t looked at the baptism of children in that perspective, but I still didn`t feel comfortable.  This week I received a letter from Mom.  She explained that Dad is encouraging missionaries to wait to baptize children when their parents get baptized.  It`s okay to wait for a baptism in order to baptize families.  These comments from Mom have touched home, and now I feel content.  Something that excites me is that I went with Hna. Benites this week to the municipalidad to work with one of our couples on their marriage paperwork.  It`s not as hard as I thought it would be to help couples in Puerto Maldonado to get married.  I have greater excitement now to look for families to baptize. 

My birthday was very lovely.  Thank you for your kind words and lovely gifts.  It was a delightful day because we had two baptisms in the night time.  I never imagined before that I`d celebrate my birthday with baptisms

I am without a companion now.  Hna. Benites is finishing her mission, so she`s already traveled to Cusco.  It will be interesting to see who my new companion is.  I feel nervous of course, but I know that "it`s better to look up."


Love from Cuzco,

Hermana Blunck II

No comments:

Post a Comment