Sunday, March 9, 2014

God's Signatures

Yesterday, I went to a meeting at church and I was struck by an idea that one of the speakers shared.  She talked about God leaving His signature.

When an artist finishes one of his works, what does he do?  He signs it.  He leaves his mark to show that it's his creation and it's his work.

I started thinking...Does God leave His signature on all His works?  If we could put on special goggles that helped us see the signatures, would we discover God's signature everywhere?  I think the answer is yes!  We would be amazed!

Just think of a tucan with its colorful beak, a snow-covered mountain contrasted against a blue sky, or a new baby.  That new baby developed from two microscopic cells into a living being with a unique fingerprint, diverse interests, and a one-of-a-kind personality.  I imagine God smiling at those beautiful creations and signing His name.

God's creations are not the only place to look for God's signature.  What about life events?  Couldn't His hand be involved in those situations?  For example, my parents saw each other for the first time when they were 14 years old.  After 4 summers, they were still too shy to talk to each other.  In fact, the reason they finally said "hi" was because they were set-up on a blind date after high school graduation.  I envision God smiling down after my parent's first date and signing His name, knowing how important of an event that was.

God's signature is also part of life's seemingly insignificant events.  This last week I bumped into a friend who is taking the same technology class as me be but at a different time.  I had been struggling with a software problem and had not thought to ask my friend for help.  When I ran into her, it clicked that I should ask her for help and she had all the answers that I needed.  God knew that I needed some extra help and that's just what He gave me, as He signed His name on that event.

I invite you to put on your "goggles" this week to see God's signature.  Where do you see it?  When do you see it?

Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment