Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October 10, 2011

Dearest Family,

I`m now with my new companion.  Her name is Hna. Grijalva.  She is from Guatemala.  I`ve attached a picture that shows all my companions that are still in the mission field.  Hna. Grijalva wears glasses.

It`s a great blessing to work with Hna. Grijalva because she comes from an area in Cusco.  There`s great ward support there, and now Hna. Grijalva and I are working to develop better relationships with the branch members here.  This last week we visited the district president, a district counselor, the branch relief society president, the elder`s quorum president, the primary president, and the young woman`s president.  With each of these leaders, we had family home evenings with investigators.  I love working in this way with the branch members.

Earlier this week was exciting.  I went to Cusco.  There, we had a conference for all the sisters in the mission.  There are 19 of us.  We listened to spiritual thoughts, and then we also got haircuts together. 

Mom and Dad, I just want to tell you that a missionary named Hna. Alcantara from Tarapoto talked to me this week.  She told me that her sisters always writes her about how well Tarapoto is progressing.  She says that all the missionaries in the Lima North Mission are super obedient.  This made me so proud.  I know you`re doing a great work.  I`m so proud of you.
 
Wtih all my love,

Hermana Blunck II
 
 Lynette just celebrated her 22nd birthday in the mission field. 

 A tradition in Peru.
                                       Sisters in Lynette's rama or branch.
                                  Noche de hogar or Family Home Evening
                             All of Lynette's companions during her mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment