Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17, 2011

Dearest Family,
It`s been such a delight to read you emails and read about Preston`s
birth.  I have no doubt that Heavenly Father is blessing our family.
This week I had one of the favorite lessons of my mission.  We were
visiting our investigator that got married on Friday in the chapel and
will be baptized with her husband this Saturday.  On Tuesday, we
visited Yuli and we noted that she seemed discouraged.  Her fiancé`s
family was not being supportive of the wedding.  After Yuli expressed
her feelings to us, I felt the Spirit strongly.  I felt an urgency to
testify to her that she can have an eternal family.  I pulled out our
family picture from Stephen and Shara`s wedding, and I began to tell
Yuli that I wanted to tell her about a family.  While showing Yuli our
photo, I explained our family’s story.  I testified that Mom and Dads`
decisions to join the church have affected the lives permanently of
every one of their children.  I testified that the gospel truly
blesses the family.  While I shared my testimony, I cried.  I`ve felt
a great nearness to the family this week, and it could be because
Preston was born.  To put it simply, this lesson was one of my
favorite lessons because I had the opportunity to testify of eternal
families.
I love you!!!
Hermana Blunck II

No comments:

Post a Comment