Monday, February 20, 2012

February 13, 2012

Greetings from Quillabamba!!!!!

Dearest Family,
Happy Valentine´s Day and Happy Anniversary David and Sheri!!!
Greetings from Quillabamba!!!  Quillabamba is a lovely little town
about five hours from Cusco.  It is tucked between mountains and is
close to Machu Picchu.  I am thrilled to be finishing my mission here
because it is warm like Puerto Maldonado.  I was nervous that I´d go
to Puno and freeze to death.  My companion is Hna. Osoy.  Hna. Osoy
will be finishing her mission at the same time as me.  President
Calderon has me here with Hna. Osoy to perform a special mission.
Hna. Osoy did not work well with her companion before, and so I need
to help her work hard until the end of her mission.
Our area will not be white-washed when Hna. Osoy and I finish because
we´ll be receiving a new missionary this week.  We´re going to train
together.   The new sister has arrived late to the
mission due to visa issues.  Our zone is going to Cusco this week,
where we will receive our other companion, because we have a
conference with Elder Waddel of the seventy. 
When I arrived, our area didn´t have any investigators, but we are
working now to try to improve the situation.  We are doing lots of
contacting, and I am contacting all the grown men that I can.  I feel
blessed that God has helped me to overcome some fears and I can share
with adults, especially men, the message of the gospel.  Please keep
praying for us that we can find and teach families.
I hope that you all have a terrific week.  I sure love you with all of my heart.
All my love,
Hermana Blunck II

No comments:

Post a Comment