Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 7, 2012

I'M IN CUSCO!

Dearest Family,

Greetings from Cusco.  Hermana Giron and I are both here, but I`m the only one with a change tomorrow.  President Calderon has been telling me that I`ll go to Quillabamba or Puno, so I`m anxious to see where I`ll finish my mission.

The members of the branch surprised me yesterday.  A few of them came to the terminal to wish me off and a few of them even gave me simple gifts.  The Peruvian people are great examples.  They quickly give their hearts and their love to the missionaries.

The last two months haven`t been full of tons of baptisms, but I feel good because I know that the branch is much better than how it was when I arrived.  One of our recent converts in now the ward mission leader, our branch president has lots of confidence with the Hermanas, and the branch members are willing to work with us.  It`s hard to leave the branch because I`m familiar with everything, but I know that the Lord has more work for me to do in another area.

Hermana Giron and I have been able to convert some of our differences in personalities into strengths the last few weeks.  It`s hard to leave Hna. Giron, but she is also a very independent young woman, and I know that she needs the opportunity to direct the area.

Yesterday was great because we had six investigators in the church.  Two of the investigators included a couple that`s been married for more than fifty years.  That is an incredible find in Puerto Maldonado and in Peru. 

I hope that you are all very well.  I`m excited to talk with you, and to be a part of your lives.  In the meantime, I`m anxious to continue in God`s work because it is incredible.


With all of my love,

Hermana Blunck II

No comments:

Post a Comment