Monday, February 20, 2012

February 13, 2012,

Thoughts from a letter Lynette wrote.

I never thought this time would arrive.  Now the mission feels like one big dream, but it has been an incredible dream.  I cannot believe how many parts of the world that I have been able to see.  When I see the new missionaries arrive, I remember all the things that I had to adjust to.  Everything about the mission life and living in Peru seems normal now.  It's normal to be conversing with  Peruvians, Bolivians, Chileans, and Nicaraguans at the same time.  When I get to thinking about it, God is incredible because He's given me the opportunity to come to know His special children from other parts of the world.  We are all so similar.
         Sometimes during the mission I've thought to myself, "I'd be a more effective missionary if God had called me to serve in the US, speaking my native language and being in my culture".  What I recognize now is that I've been blessed beyond measure with the opportunity to mix myself with people from all parts of the world.  I have learned about them and their culture and it has enriched my life.  In some way I hope I have enriched their lives. 
          After receiving my setting apart blessing to serve, I wrote down all of the promised blessings.  I can recognize now that every one of them has been fulfilled.  The mission is hard.  It is the hardest thing that I've ever done, but it has also been the greatest thing I have ever done.  There is a reason it is called missionary work, to be effective you have to work.    The mission has solidified in my mind the basic principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Christ's doctrine in simple, powerful and beautiful. He sacrificed His life for all of us to accomplish the Father's plan for each of us.   I have learned to love His children here in Peru.  No words can describe that feeling.
           During the mission I  have also learned a lot about myself, my strengths and my weaknesses.  I hope I have become the kind of woman God wants me to be. 
          It will be a fabulous day when I come home, until then I"ll keep working.

Hermna Blunck II         

No comments:

Post a Comment