Monday, February 20, 2012

Have you found Quillabamba on the Map?????

February 21, 2012

Dearest Family,
Last week was incredibly enriching because we had the blessing of
listening to Elder Waddel from the area presidency.  He started the
conference talking about how we can receive personal revelation, and I
was able to receive that blessing of receiving revelation.  I went to
the conference with the question in my mind, ¨should I extend my
mission?¨.  I had that question in mind because it´s heart breaking to
think about leaving the mission when I am just arriving to my peak.  I
can speak the language, I´m bold, and, more than ever before, I
understand my purpose as a missionary.  I also felt worried about
leaving my new companion.  It was incredible how Elder Waddel
addressed my question in the conference.  He explained that this is
the Lord´s work because He sends His missionaries home when they are
arriving to the best part of their mission.  The Lord replaces the
experienced missionaries with new missionaries who have much to learn.
 If the mission were only about reaching numbers, the Lord would leave
his missionaries in the field for more than two years or a year and a
half.
Elder Waddel also explained that many times missionaries are called to
their missions for their mission president.  I think that thought
applies to me because many times I´ve asked why God called me to Peru
to serve.  I have learned many, many lessons from Presidente and
Hermana Calderon.  When I have more time, I´ll explain what I´ve
learned from them.

Thank you for
all of your prayers.  I´m excited to see you soon!

Love,
Hermana Blunck II

No comments:

Post a Comment