Friday, February 3, 2012

January 30, 2012

HOLA! HOLA! HOLA!

Dearest Family,
How are you doing?  I love you very much!!!
A special experience from the week was teaching one of our contacts
named Pablo.  I contacted Pablo months ago with Hna. Benites, but it
didn`t seem appropriate to teach Pablo at that time.  Hna. Giron and I
have begun teaching and he seems very ready now.  Pablo told us about
a spiritual dream that he had years ago.  He told us that every time
we passed by his little store, seeing me reminded him of his spiritual
dream.
We are also teaching a man named Luis.  Luis is from Brazil and he
speaks Portuguese! (I`m learning how to understand Portuguese)  Luis
is a reference of a member.  He`s attended church off and on for the
last eight years.   I don`t know exactly why he was never baptized.  Luis
explained to us yesterday that he`s come to church all these years
because he likes the teachings.  We were able to do a few inspired
questions to help Luis to recognize that he`s felt the Spirit in
church.  Then we were able invite Luis to be baptized.  Luis made a
few excuses but then we invited him to read Mosiah 18:10.  This
scripture asks what impedes us from being baptized if we have the
desires and we`ve felt the Spirit.
We were able to have a baptism last week.  It was a great experience
because the parents were less active, but they decided for their own
initiative to be active when they moved to Puerto Maldonado two months
ago.
I send you all my love!!!
Hermana Blunck II

No comments:

Post a Comment